Pages

Thursday 14 November 2013

Christmas already??

Last week we started playing Christmas music at work. Every 5 songs a Christmas song is played. My colleague told me how they play the same songs every year and she knows every one of them by heart, and after I told her that I had heard a few that I didn't recognise, she kindly informed me that by Christmas I will know them all and be sick of them all, along with being sick of gift wrapping!

She is most probably correct, and after that day I realised how quickly Christmas is coming up! Not only that but I then realised how quickly time seems to be going....

There is now 41 days until Christmas

47 days until new years eve..... 48 days until the new year commences!

475 since the London Olympics Opening Ceremony.

121 days since I turned 18..... 6,696 days since I was born.

Around 118 days until I set off to Latin America.

37 days until my fundraising event......

I apologise if I have scared you by reminding you of how long you have left until Christmas, but the purpose of this post isn't to scare, it is to 1) Sneakily promote my event and, 2) To encourage and motivate you!

So, I have 37 days to plan my event and it seems like there is so much to do! When I realised how little time I had left I went into a bit of a downer mood, I felt sorry for myself and ended up wasting the whole day because I was feeling down.

You are probably thinking, as I am now looking back, what stupid logic! Roxy, you realise how little time you have left and how much there is to do and so you spend your day doing nothing but worry about these facts?!? Yes. That is what I did. However the next day I gave myself a little pep talk and managed to do more that day!

Time does go so quickly, and it is so easy to waste time! Looking at the big picture, at how much you have to do, and how little time you have and then feeling down because you haven't done as much as you wanted to is what most of us tend to do. But, you can conquer this! (I know I'm sounding cheesy) sometimes all you need is a little pep talk to motivate yourself and setting yourself small targets. Aim to reply to 5 emails instead of 20, try to spend 15minutes revising instead of 2 hours, plan to meet up with 1 friend instead of organising to see 5 in one day. Set your self reasonable targets, that are manageable and if you manage to do more, then bonus!!

Lastly make time for yourself to relax! This doesn't mean sitting there doing nothing for 10minutes, but it can be going on a walk, watching tv, doing a hobby, something you ENJOY. Enjoy yourself, allow yourself to laugh and smile. :)

Muchas gracias
Roxy x

Please donate: www.virginmoneygiving.com/RoxannaSmith
Contact me: roxielou16@hotmail.com
Event Facebook page: Latin American themed night

4 comments:

  1. hi rox
    gr8 advice i really got me thinkin.
    love readin your blog so insperational and i and defently donating so u can go 2 latin america and do some good deeds! good luck
    love u lots
    Izzie
    xxc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank izzie! Love you lots xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 111 days...I will be crying and heartbroken...112 days ill forget who you are :p jokes. Cant believe missed this one. Love yaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! You better be joking! Love you more

    ReplyDelete